Here it goes


Here it Goes

I’m Anna.  Born and bred midwesterner. I grew up in Michigan and have lived in Chicago for 3 years. I’m a speech and language pathologist (which is an awesome career and would definitely recommend it to a friend) with a relentless urge to be doing more.  Along with half the rest of the world, I love traveling, cooking, exploring, reading, listening to podcasts, stalking restaurant menus,  all things health, wellness and fitness, and learning. While my job is gratifying and busy, I knew there was a creative fix that just wasn’t getting filled. 

I really like to write, I really like to read blogs and I really like to pick people’s brains. Mix that all together and here we are. I wanted to create a space for people of all ages and backgrounds to engage in conversations and dialogues. To make people feel less alone. I don’t know about you, but this head of mine is a pretty exhausting place. A lot of thoughts, questions, and confusion to sift through. But I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t equally as fun. Incredible relationships, adventures, and memories are the result of this brain firing neurons. Think of it like the infamous 24/7 diner. Filled with productivity and movement, stellar people watching, a reliable menu, and coffee in a good ass mug.  Nothing fancy, but a busy, unparalleled staple.  

And that’s what was missing…sharing my thoughts so I could learn from other people.  A digital diary, a creative outlet, a side-hustle, call it what you want, but here it is. Shooting my shot. I’m starting a blog in an overly populated, maybe polluted, media era. If I have one reader, cool, if I have a million readers, awesome. But if I continue to talk the talk without walking the walk, what’s the point? I kind of feel like a shaken-up soda bottle ready to explode, but instead of a sticky, fizzy volcanic eruption, it’s just endless thoughts. Here’s the plan: topics ranging from who knows what with readers and (hopefully) commenters from who knows where-, navigating through a 24/7 diner menu.  


So tell me about it…what are you bursting with?


Comments

Popular Posts